Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pick a Petal for Carli

A few posts back I mentioned my husband's cousin Carli Slack and I sent out a request for cards for her. If you didn't get to see the post here is just a little bit of background.....Carli is my husband's 17 year old cousin who lives in Tampa. Carli has been in the hospital for over 6 months now. She was originally diagnosed with Leukemia and initally the outlook looked really good for her recovery. However somewhere during her treatment Carli developed Fungus Mucor on several of her organs. Fungus Mucor, until now, has been 100% fatal. Carli has been a miracle in the sense that her body has been able to keep the fungus at bay, however she does not appear to be getting better and the fear is that eventually it will overcome her.....My Mother-In-Law, who is a cancer survior squared (she survived breast cancer twice) literally sends her a card everyday to make sure Carli has some "light" in her life. Benna has recently run into a problem....She has found out that Hallmark, and Carlton cards only make so many Get well, Thinking of you cards and she is now having to send duplicates.


I have started a collection of cards to send to my mother-in-law so that she will have a "fresh" stack to send to Carli. Here is one of my first creations. I used the In-colors and the Pick-A-Petal set. I cased this card from someone off of splitcoast stampers, but I can't remember who, so if you know, please contact me so that I can give the appropriate credit. I love this color combination. It is Baja Breeze and Tangerine Tango....It is just very sunny - exactly what Carli needs.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Pick A Petal
Ink: Black Stazon, Close to Cocoa Classic, Baja Breeze Classic, Tangerine Tango Classic
Paper: Tangerine Tango CS, Whisper White CS, Baja Breeze CS
Accessories: Scallop border punch, Mat pack, Paper Piercer

I am continually making, and accepting card donations, for Carli's cause. Please check out Carli's website at http://www.carlislack.page.tl/. If you would like to help make this beautiful young girls life, just a little bit brighter, and donate some cards please contact me. No donation is too small.

I hope you enjoy this "SUNNY" card.....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails