Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A place for Birthdays and Special Occasions

So....I'm really bad at remembering birthdays and such. I always think " Oh so and so's birthday is next week" and then the week comes and goes and I have missed getting the card in the mail. So my goal is to be sure to remember the birthdays, and special days, of all of the people who are near and dear to me. So to help me I created this:



I found several Office Max brand rolodex for on Clearance for $2.00. Needless to say I cleared them out of the last 6 they had. I have made several for other people, including a Christmas Gift for my Mom this past year - but I finally put one to use for my own good.

The bird and the leaves are punched with the Stampin' Up! two-step bird punch. The flower is from the SU 5-petal punch and the flower center is a an old pearl brad that I had lying around. The paper is made by Chatter Box - Not sure where I got it from. It was super easy to cut out the paper - I used my Big shot and the Address card Sizzix die. Perfect fit ! The monthly tabs are punched and layered with the 1" and 1 1/4" Circle punches from SU. I hand wrote the months for a more homemade touch.

Let's hope my new system works.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails