Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cracked Glass Technique

I recently got the Friends Never Fade set from the current SU Idea Book and Catalog along with the Greenhouse Gala Designer paper. The two are a perfect match. I love the color combinations of the Greenhouse Gala paper. I don't think I realized how much I like Baja Breeze until this paper came along. I had been wanting to try a new layout and just didn't have the right combination in my head yet, so I just kept putting it off. Well along came Friends Never Fade and Greenhouse Gala and TADA.....



In addition to this layout - I used the Cracked Glass Technique, which I think is really cool. I know that in the picture there is a sharp contrast between the white background and the Cracked Glass piece, but IRL it is not so shocking.

The colors I used in this card are Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizazz, and Whisper White. The Chocolate Chip piece was run through the big shot using the flourishy side of the Perfect Details texture plate and the large scallop square piece was done by using the Scallop Square Bigz clear die by Sizzix. The last few touches are some Pear Pizazz ribbon and the sentiment is from the Love You Much set.

Enjoy.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails