Saturday, August 21, 2010

Just Jawing Birthday

I have a niece with a Birthday coming up at the end of the month and what can you do for the "Tween" scene ? Well, I know that Nevie, short for Genevieve, like most young adults these days, is big into Twilight. Well - I don't have a Jacob or an Edward stamp, but I did have this Stampin' Up! Just Jawing set that I had only used a couple of times and I thought it kind of fit the Gothic-ish scene.



To help keep a "Girlish" feel to the card I used some Retired SU Designer Paper called Garden Party (I think) - The main colors are Old Olive, Orchid Opulence (retired color), and Basic Black. The back ground stamping, the main image, and the sentiment are all from the Just Jawing set. The background is stamped with the stars stamp in versamark. I did some paper piecing for the cross-bones and for the eyes. I used some of the Designer paper for the cross-bones and Orchid Opulence, covered with Dazzling Diamonds for the eyes. And for extra special girly flair - A Big Black Bow. I hope Nevie enjoys her Birthday card as much as I enjoyed making it and seeing how it turned out.



Here's a little secret - I read the Twilight series too.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails